Behaviour Consultant - Contract to January 2023
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor and collaborating with other multi-disciplinary team members, the Behaviour Consultant conducts Functional Behaviour Assessments, designs effective behaviour intervention plans, and conducts analysis of behavioural data for clients with an ASD and/or dual diagnosis and their families, caregivers, and educators.
Overall, the Behaviour Consultant is responsible for facilitating parent-training programs, workshops and hands-on coaching in addition to providing direct treatment to children and youth with an ASD in group settings to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Design and implement individualized ABA-based intervention programs for individuals diagnosed with an ASD and/or other Developmental Disabilities:
- Conduct assessment activities
- Provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation
- Research and analysis of best practices
- Design data collection protocols and interpret data to make data-based decisions relative to individual’s program
- Collaborate with third parties (Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists etc.)
- Meet and obtain regular feedback from Clinical Supervisor; review client load (prepares supports and materials).
- Provide consultation to families, behaviour mediators and/or other related parties for on-going ABA-based intervention programs:
- Design and facilitate training, coaching and mediation
- Perform functional assessments and design positive behaviour support plans
- Implement positive behavior support plans. Supervise team meetings in the family home, as well as participate in clinical meetings with relevant professionals
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Master’s degree with Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) Certification
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working with individuals with an ASD
- Experience assisting in the design, implementation, and monitoring of individualized ABA-based intervention programs for individuals diagnosed with ASD and/or dual diagnoses
- Experience training parents, behaviour mediators, and/or other related parties
- Experience assisting with assessment activities related to the need for behavioural intervention
- Experience conducting functional assessments and designing positive behaviour support plans with families, schools and/or community programs
- Good communication skills; experience in presenting to large and small groups
- Excellent writing skills with previous experience in writing clinical reports
- Applied knowledge of community-based service delivery systems
- Demonstrated ability to work within the community to enhance public awareness of the strengths and challenges of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to work independently
- Off-site client requirements (travel to client homes and community)
- Outside normal working hours to meet client needs when necessary
Salary: ($33.21-$36.95 / hour)
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positions have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume quoting Job #23.22 to:
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Job