Instructor Therapist -IBI Program
Full Time Contract – One Year
Do you have a passion for working with children with Autism and want to empower them to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
GCA is currently seeking an Instructor Therapist who will work directly with children with ASD and their
families in an IBI Program. In addition they may be required to support the ABA Classrooms as needed. Instructor
Therapist duties include but are not limited to, conducting assessments, writing, implementing, and monitoring
behaviour plans, data collection and display, as well as training and supporting caregivers.
What your Day Looks like:
Overall, the Instructor Therapist is responsible for providing direct service in an IBI Program (under the supervision
of a BCBA) in a one-on-on and/or in a group setting to include but not limited to the following:
• Implementing programs according to the treatment plan
• Carrying a caseload
• Providing input into each child’s curriculum
• Addressing personal care requirements of the child during each session
• Monitoring and tracking behavioural data/follow behavioural protocols
• Preparing teaching materials
• Recording and graphing data, writing reports and progress notes and flagging exceptional circumstances
as well as the need for changes to the program plan
• Participating in the treatment planning process with parents and relevant others
• Ensuring ongoing communication with Clinical Supervisor
• Liaising daily with parents about the progress of the session
• Demonstrating and explaining effective strategies; modeling, supporting, mentoring and guideing the
Junior Instructor Therapists
• Other duties as assigned
What you Bring to the Role:
• University degree or College diploma in behavioural sciences, social services, psychology or early childhood
• Minimum of 1 year work experience required (2 years work experience preferred)
• Equivalent education and experience may be considered
• Team lead/mentor experience an asset
• Have a good understanding of early childhood education, autism and applied behaviour analysis
• Previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or Autism
• Available to work evenings, weekend, in home and center-based
• An interest in professional development and further developing clinical skills
• Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members and accept feedback and direction
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Access to a reliable means of transportation (e.g., TTC, personal vehicle)
• Comfortable working in a structured environment
• Demonstrated reliability and dependability
• Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
• Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
•Must be able to wear a mask and shield throughout their shift
•Must be willing to do cleaning duties
•Ability to spend most of the day at the child’s level, i.e. sitting on the floor, or on child height chairs
•Able to bend, stoop and lift child to adult height (up to 20 kg) and to move children’s furniture or equipment to prepare room for programming needs.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positions have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote Job #4.24
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Job