Full time, One (1) Year Contract
Do you have experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and their families? If you want to be a part of an organization that empowers individuals with ASD and their families to fully participate in their communities, we encourage you to apply.
Working with direction from a BCBA, The ABA Facilitator uses the Behavioural Skills Training model to teach caregivers and workers strategies outlined in a behaviour intervention plan for children and youth with ASD.
This role will support Geneva Centre clients as part of the Behaviour Consultation Department which is a program that will provide timely and time-limited services to address an urgent need (e.g. new behaviour or an escalation of an existing behaviour) to clients and their family. Services will primarily be provided in person in the family home or in an appropriate community agency.
Core Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Implement Behaviour Intervention Plans written by BCBA with caregivers and workers in family homes and community settings using the Behavioural Skills Training Model
- Travel in community, provide service in family home or an appropriate identified community agency
- Collect data on behalf of the BCBA and coach others to gather data, identifying barriers to gathering data and reporting back to the BCBA
- Graph raw data for interpretation by the BCBA
- Assist BCBA to conduct Functional Assessments
- Assist BCBA in generating summary reports
- Maintain accurate client records, submit expense reports, and other administrative components related to caseload and department needs
- Participate in team meetings, client meetings, and supervisions
- Post-secondary diploma from a recognized College in Behavioural Sciences, Applied Behaviour Analysis or other area of relevance
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with children and youth with ASD
- Ability to travel across the GTA to carry out core functions of the role
- Sound knowledge of ABA principles
- Experience coaching parents/guardians
- Knowledge of a variety of data collection procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and problem solving skills
- Applied knowledge of community-based service delivery systems with demonstrated ability to work within the community
- Experience working with Behavioural Skills Training model to implement and monitor individualized ABA-based intervention programs for children and youth diagnosed with ASD and/or dual diagnoses an asset
- Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Majority of work is off-site client requirements (client homes and community)
- Outside normal working hours to meet client needs when necessary
- Challenging client behaviours
- Use of CPI (training is provided)
Salary: $56, 661.62-$63,523.75
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positions have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote Job #53.23
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Job