Coordinator, Intake and Service Navigation
Do you have experience in supporting families of individuals with Autism in navigating services to empower their child to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Director, the Coordinator, Intake and Service Navigation acts as the first point of contact by conducting intake and family support services for prospective and current clients. They conduct needs assessment and develop Individualized Service Plans to assist families in navigating and coordinating service and supports. In addition, they provide support to various departments in the areas of intake and coordination.
- Responsible for conducting comprehensive needs assessments with families including the following:
- Provide initial consultation/triage to families and clients to assist them in identifying needs and appropriate services by helping them understand and make informed decisions about their service options.
- Support families with new ASD diagnoses to understand and navigate the system including resources and services available.
- Assess and determine appropriate services and funding based on eligibility.
- Effectively communicate with families and act on behalf of the GCA when providing advice and consultation.
- Responsible for developing client-focused, individualized service plans for participants based on the needs assessments in order to enable them to access programming and services to include internal and external referrals.
- Accountable for recording and relaying accurate, relevant, and timely information to internal stakeholders.
- Support and guide families to complete the necessary steps to register and/or educate families on all relevant details of their program options and/or services available to them.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary staff to advocate and support assessment, service options and implementation.
- Maintain all records and reports as required by the Centre’s policies and procedures (and funder requirements) to include but not limited to case notes and updating information trackers.
- Act as a resource contact for external services and clients.
- Attend and engage in community outreach initiatives such as conferences, presentations and fairs.
- Develop collaborative relationships and network with related service providers to strengthen external partnerships to help inform families and connect them to programs, services, and resources available in their local communities
- Regularly encounters difficult, challenging and/or high stress situations and able to address each situation calmly and effectively.
- Participates and represents GCA in service coordination meetings, chairing case conferences, and community tables and meetings as required.
- Host opportunities for families to connect in person and virtually through educational events and parent support groups
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will bring the following:
- University degree in relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a related discipline including providing support to families with ASD to include a minimum of one (1) year experience with intake, service navigation/coordination and/or case management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to conduct needs assessments and service plans.
- Previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities and/or Autism
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Good data collection, filing and report writing skills
- Demonstrated understanding of early childhood education, autism and applied behaviour analysis
- Previous service coordination, planning and advocacy experience
- Demonstrate strength as a team player
- Effective problem solving and judgement skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends when necessary
- Must be proficient with various computer programs including data base management, email, Microsoft Office applications and have familiarity with social media and other technology tools and approaches.
- Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
Working conditions include:
- Frequent phone and computer work
- Seated for long periods of time
- Regularly encounters difficult, challenging and/or high stress situations
- Standing for extended periods of time for presentations
- Outside normal working hours to meet client needs when necessary
Why Work for GCA:
- Salary: $61,698-$68,476
- Generous vacation entitlements
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- EAP and Headspace access
- RRSP contributions
- Float Days and Sick Leave entitlements
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Hybrid working environment (role dependent)
- Internationally recognized leadership and innovation in the field of ASD
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positons have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote Job #2.23
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Job