(Contract to August 2023)
Do you enjoy interacting with the public and want to work with an organization that empowers individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families to fully participate in their communities? If so, we encourage you to apply.
Reporting to the Director, Programs and Services, the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist provides administrative and reception support for the Head Office and Program areas.
What your day looks like:
- Promptly and effectively respond to telephone and in person inquiries, triage and provides excellent customer service.
- Effectively set up meetings as scheduled, and as required.
- Maintaining inventory and ordering of office supplies.
- Ensures all office equipment is functional and stocked with supplies.
- Assisting with all administrative duties as required to include but not limited to logistics, trouble shooting, client follow up, updating client data base, updating incident report tracker, registering families for workshops.
- Assisting the intake team with processing new intakes, updating intake spreadsheet, creating and updating client data base.
- Acts as the first point of contact for GCA clients and visitors. Provides customer service and reception duties as follows:
- Greet and direct visitors/clients to appropriate person/program area
- Answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls
- Ensure all sign in sheets, front desk signs and staff directory/phone list is up to date
- Maintain, answer and forward all emails received in email@example.com mailbox
- Receive, sort and deliver external and receive deliveries and direct to the appropriate person/department
- Ensure 112 Postage machine and other office equipment is in working order
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the role:
- 3 years related experience in an Administrative Assistant role
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and MS Outlook)
- Experience with Salesforce as strong asset
- Previous experience with databases
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Courteous and personable manner with exceptional communication skills
- Superior problem solving and judgement skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Autism, PDD and other developmental disorders an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Frequent interruptions
- Computer work
- Client interaction
Why Work for GCA:
- EAP and Headspace access
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Internationally recognized leadership and innovation in the field of ASD
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positons have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Please quote Job #48.22
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Job