Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Part Time, 2 Days per Week
Contract, 3-4 Months
Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) is a pioneer in developing leading edge resources, programs and services that serve as models for other organizations throughout the world. Our mission is to empower individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and their families, to fully participate in their communities.
Reporting to the Chief Operations and People Officer, the Talent Acquisition Coordinator supports full cycle recruitment and onboarding for all Geneva Centre for Autism (GCA) positions.
- Work with hiring managers to identify recruitment requirements on an ongoing basis
- Ensure job vacancies are posted both internally and externally as per GCA policies and Collective Agreement
- Source candidates through various websites and other channels
- Screen and shortlist candidates and forward to hiring manager for review
- Assist with preparing interview guides
- Coordinate and participate in phone screens and virtue/in person interviews as required
- Check references and communicate results to Hiring Manager
- Prepare offer letters
- Advise candidates on employment requirements (medical, police checks etc.) and ensure all required documentation is received
- Support the onboarding of new employees
- Support program areas to onboard and orient students and volunteers to ensure all placement requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- 1-2 years’ experience in full cycle recruitment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deliver customer service excellence at all times
- Superior organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate strength as a team player
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate professionalism and good judgement
- Must be proficient with various computer programs including Microsoft Office applications
- Past experience in a non-profit and/or unionized environment an asset
- If working remotely, has a suitably furnished office that is secure and safe.
- Satisfactory current Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Records Check
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Frequent phone and computer work
- Seated for long periods of time
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organization in which values, behaviours, systems and structures are in place to facilitate equal access to service and employment. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require an accommodation, Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Job Postings during COVID-19
Following the advice of government and health authorities to slow the spread of COVID-19, employees in non-client facing positons have been equipped to work from home temporarily. All recruiting activities including interviews and onboarding are being conducted virtually. To protect the health and safety of our staff and clients, the GCA requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit proof of vaccination upon hiring.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations to:
Please note “Talent Acquisition Coordinator” in the subject line of your email
Apply for Job