Contract - 8 to 14 Months
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor and in collaboration with other multi-disciplinary team members, the Behaviour Consultant conducts Functional Behaviour Assessments, designs effective behaviour intervention plans, and conducts analysis of behavioural data for clients with an ASD and/or dual diagnosis and their families, caregivers and educators. The Behavioural Consultant is responsible for facilitating parent-training programs, workshops and hands-on coaching in addition to providing direct treatment to children and youth with an ASD in group settings.
Design and implement individualized ABA-based intervention programs for individuals diagnosed with an ASD and/or other Developmental Disabilities to include:
-Conducting assessment activities
-Ongoing monitoring and evaluation
-Research and analysis of best practices
-Designing data collection protocols and interpret data to make data-based decisions relative to each individual’s program
-Collaborating with third parties (Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists etc.)
-Meet and obtain regular feedback from Clinical Supervisor; review client load (prepares supports and materials).
Provide consultation to families, behaviour mediators and/or other related parties for on-going ABA-based intervention programs to include:
-Design and facilitates training, coaching and mediation
-Perform functional assessments and design positive behaviour support plans
-Provide implementation support for positive behaviour support plans
-Supervise team meetings in the family home, as well as, participate in clinical meetings with relevant professionals
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree with eligibility for Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) Certification. Candidate must demonstrate working towards BCBA designation.
- A minimum of 4 years experience working with individuals with an ASD
- Experience assisting in the design, implementation, and monitoring of individualized ABA-based intervention programs for individuals diagnosed with ASD and/or dual diagnoses
- Experience training parents, behaviour mediators, and/or other related parties
- Experience assisting with assessment activities related to the need for behavioural intervention
- Experience conducting functional assessments and designing positive behaviour support plans with families, schools and/or community programs
- Good communication skills; experience in presenting to large and small groups
- Excellent writing skills with previous experience in writing clinical reports
- Applied knowledge of community-based service delivery systems
- Demonstrated ability to work within the community to enhance public awareness of the strengths and challenges of individuals with developmental handicaps.
Salary: $32.23/hour (BCBA), $30.71/hour (no BCBA)
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume, to:
Please quote Job #30.20
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Apply for Job