This certificate training program provides a strong foundation for the delivery of high quality ABA-based services. Upon completion of this three day course participants will have a thorough understanding of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and will be able to use these principles effectively during the delivery of ABA services. The course content will focus on skill building and supporting positive behaviour.
Registration will be limited to 20 participants per session.
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
• Operationally define behaviour and/or skills to teach
• Describe and use a variety of data collection techniques and identify the most appropriate for each situation
• Describe and use errorless learning teaching techniques including prompts, shaping, chaining and reinforcement
• Develop a plan to fade prompts and reinforcement
• Develop a plan to maintain learned skills and support generalization
Assignments and Certification
Participants will be required to complete and submit a final assignment which consists of a written teaching plan outlining the skill, the plan for data collection, an overview of the teaching strategies to be used and the plan for maintenance and generalization. A certificate of achievement will be awarded based on satisfactory completion of the assignment.
This course offers advanced level training. Participants are encouraged to complete Introduction to Autism prior to attaining this course. Visit our E-Learning site at elearning.autism.net for more information.