Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Session: Physicians‘ Session
- To learn about current research regarding diagnosis of ASD.
- To learn strategies for application of current research findings to clinical practice.
- To enhance knowledge and skills related to accepted best practices for diagnosis and interventions.
- To learn strategies for best outcomes.
- To gain understanding of the Autism Treatment Network protocols.
- To gain understanding of current research re developmental brain mechanisms and autism.
- To gain understanding of how to apply current best practices in ASD assessments to their clinical practice.
- To discuss with colleagues how to address challenges in current practice – i.e. absence of multi-disciplinary teams; when to involve neurologist.