- Conducts research in autism assessment/diagnosis, family stress and coping, and quality and effectiveness of Autism treatment, member of York’s Faculty of Health Autism Alliance, a multidisciplinary research group
- Supervises research and clinical students from undergraduate to post-doctoral level; committed to training future Psychologists for autism and DD field according to the scientist/practitioner model
- Publishes and presents in the areas of: diagnosis & assessment of autism; effectiveness and quality assurance in Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) and other treatments/interventions for autism; family stress, coping, & social support in parents and siblings, respite care, parent groups, sibling groups & other family support services
- Principal Investigator of CIHR-funded Emerging Team Grant, GO4KIDDS: Great Outcomes for Kids Impacted by Severe Developmental Disabilities, a multi-site series of studies on the health, wellbeing and social inclusion of school aged children with severe disabilities and that of their families.
- Private practice in child assessment and consultation
- Supervising psychologist, York University Psychology Clinic
- Academic Member of Council for the College of Psychologists of Ontario; also serves on Registration Committee; chair of Oral Examining Teams; and on Discipline Panels
- Previously Psychologist and Coordinator of Research at TRE-ADD (Treatment, Research & Education for Autism & Developmental Disorders) a program of Thistletown Regional Centre in Toronto, worked there for 20 years. Also at Thistletown: Senior Consultant in Psychology (Professional Practice Leader), Chair of the Thistletown Psychology Association, Co-chair of the Thistletown Research & Ethics Committee. Continues there as Consulting Psychologist
- Consulting Psychologist to Preschool Autism Initiative, Special Needs Branch, Integrated Services for Children, Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services, involved in design of clinical parameters of Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI) program. Expert witness in high profile legal suits. Ongoing consultation to Ministry of Children and Youth Services. Served on various Expert Panels regarding autism services, including Expert Clinical Panel and Benchmarks Development Expert Panel.
Title: IBI Effectiveness Research in Ontario
Date: Friday, October 26, 2012
Time: 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Session: Session #21