Geneva Centre for Autism is delighted to have been awarded an Evaluation Grant from the Supporting Service Excellence and Continuous Quality Improvement Through Evaluation Grant Initiative .
The grant will be used over the coming year to evaluate our Intensive Behaviour Communication Service  and the impact it has on children and their families. The service will be reviewed to determine the extent to which participation:
- helps parents develop confidence in their ability to teach their child new skills
- improves parental perception of improvement in their child’s behaviour
- reduces stress experienced by family/parents
- reduces the risk of school suspension/expulsion
- reduces the risk of hospitalization
- reduces the risk of residential placement
The information and experience gained through this process will benefit all Geneva Centre for Autism services and inform future decision making, resulting in better outcomes for individuals and families.
 The Supporting Service Excellence and Continuous Quality Improvement Through Evaluation Grant Initiative is run by the
 Families and children participating in Geneva Centre for Autism’s Intensive Behaviour Communication Service work in partnership with a multidisciplinary team to identify and prioritize goals for children with respect to behaviour management, communication and life skills development. Services are delivered through parent education, consultation and coaching, and skill-building group service.